Friday 8 October 2010

Workflow

Things are hotting up as we head into our final stretch of preproduction, and we're all very busy trying to pull things together for the shoot. Although there's far too much going on for me to write about everything in detail here, I thought I'd write a quick post to mention a meeting that we held yesterday: Yosuke, Murat, Jason, Tom and I got together in the downstairs bar of the Curzon Soho to talk about workflow. One mistake I see independent filmmakers make time and time again is under-planning their postproduction route and underestimating the potential difficulties involved. In this respect I'm lucky as I have a very dedicated and experienced crew who agree that it's vital to make sure we have our game plan finalised before the shoot – and hence the meeting. We discussed a range of aspects, from kit to codecs, from paperwork to timescale. We still have a number of decisions to make and details to finalise, but the plan is certainly coming together.
-Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment